Please see updated information regarding services during COVID-19 outbreak.
Anyone looking to access service from the Haliburton County Youth Hub should call 705-306-5199 between 8:30 and 4:30. They will either be connected to service from hub staff or referred from there. There are no in-person services being offered right now, therefore no hours of service.
- YWCA Women’s Centre of Haliburton County / YWCA Emergency Rural SafeSpace (HERS) & YWCA Crossroads for crisis, support, counselling, safety planning and referrals via phone or in person.
- SafeSpace in Haliburton County for women and their children fleeing abuse, available Mon-Fri 9-4:30, YWCA Crossroads 24/7; Emergency Shelter Crisis line 24/7– 705-286-1942 / 1-800-461-7656 / Text: 705-991-0110
- Kawartha Haliburton Victim Services: Emotional and practical support to victims of crime and tragedy via phone, on-scene, and in office. Available 24/7. Call 705-878-5505 / 1-800-574-4401
- Four County Crisis Response: 24-hour, confidential crisis support via phone, outreach, email and chat online – 24/7. Ages 16 and up. Call 1-866-995-9933 / 705-745-6484
- Four County Safe Beds: Safe Beds provide a safe and supportive environment in a beautiful residential home setting for individuals living within Peterborough, Haliburton, Kawartha Lakes, and Northumberland Counties. A short-term stay is available to all genders 16 years of age and older. The Safe Bed stay assists individuals to decrease or alleviate their crisis through services that are sensitive to individual needs. Call 705-745-6484 or 1-866-995-9933. Find more information here.
- Point in Time Centre for Children, Youth and Parents: Crisis support Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30, for children up to 18 and their parents – 705-457-5345
- Kawartha Sexual Assault Centre: 24/7 Crisis Support Line. Call 1-866-298-7778 or text 705-710-5234 or web chat.
- Talk4Healing (helpline for Indigenous women): 1-855-554-4325
- Metis nation Ontario 24 hour crisis line. Call 1-88-767-7572
- YouthLine: Call or text 647-694-4275. Online chat available from 4:00pm-9:30pm
- Trans Lifeline: Available 7 days a week from 10 am-4 am. Call 1-877-330-6366
- The Trevor Project (LGBTQ+): 24/7. Call 1-866-488-7386.
Mental health and addiction services integrated with a constellation of core services
- Mental health counselling
- Addictions support
- Primary care (sexual health)
- Employment and education support
- Workshops and learning opportunities
- Food programming
News & Updates
Who’s Providing Service?
- Point in Time Centre for Children, Youth, and Parents
- Haliburton Highlands Heath Services
- Fleming Crew Employment Services
- Kawartha North Family Health Team